PDA

View Full Version : One for the Books/Tricky Timmy

randomword
14.11.2010, 14:35
Where is Timmy for the above mentioned quests? The quest marker points at the university building, but that place has no interior map. Been all around the place but can't find him.

Toccatta
14.11.2010, 16:16
There is a "Timothy" at the bottom of the steps on the lower floor of Venificus University right next to the statue and the soulpatcher. Perhaps this is the Timmy you're looking for. He's usually standing around reading a book.

randomword
14.11.2010, 16:25
Yea that's him, but once you do his quest he's not in his old spot anymore and you have to find him for the followup.

StrikeQ
15.11.2010, 06:08
Yea that's him, but once you do his quest he's not in his old spot anymore and you have to find him for the followup.

Where'd you find the book for his first quest?

sokol991
16.11.2010, 14:27

Same here - I can't find the book!
According to some posts in the German Forum, it should be in the library - but it's not.

Is it a known issue or something - do items sometimes randomly dissapear?

StrikeQ
16.11.2010, 19:13
Same here - I can't find the book!
According to some posts in the German Forum, it should be in the library - but it's not.

Is it a known issue or something - do items sometimes randomly dissapear?

I've been all over the University and the town. Never found it. Ended up finishing the game.

USABOB
16.11.2010, 23:55

I found the book on the bottom shelf in the corner of the upstairs part of the library. I had to be a certain distance in order for the pickup option appeared, I walked past it quite a few times myself.

As for Timmy's location afterwards, look at your map there will be a blue pin to the northern part of the town that says "Timmy".

Vensedor
17.11.2010, 15:54
mark points that he is stil in university......pls can someone say where is he after book part of quest

pizdulica
17.11.2010, 19:54
cant find timmy too after first quest..anyone find it?

USABOB
18.11.2010, 00:45
cant find timmy too after first quest..anyone find it?

When you need to get the book back Timothy is outside the university and in the town. Look at your map he is noted with a blue pin the first one above and to the left (Northwest) of the New Ashos teleport. The quest pin "tricky timmy" is there also.

I'd take a screen too to show, but I don't know where the game stores them:p.

Toccatta
18.11.2010, 00:53
I don't have a screen shot, but I can tell you where he is:

Timmy is currently sitting on a bench in the market square. If you remember where the umbrella merchant is, he's on the bench near the fence just to the left of her house. If you don't remember, go to the larger of the two market areas (the one with the mage merchant and gong in the center), then look in the far left corner.

Annihilato
18.11.2010, 05:47
my game most have a glitch because timmy is only sitting there after i fail the quest after while. he's not permanent. only after the mission is failed he never leave's epic fail!! i waited to see if i see him coming out of a house so i can go there at night before quest ends but it seems he does not live anywhere he just magically appears. damn u tricky timmy i will get my revenge on round two..

p.s. man i don't know how people have beat the game in 20 hrs i'm 30hrs in and i'm still in new asho's doing side quest i think i have got them all till now and wow it's the first time in an rpg that every side quest is epic and yes i've played well over a hundred rpg's since nintendo and i love that every side quest has some kind of twist and some crazy conspiracy behind them well almost all of them a simple kill someone quest get's all krazy and this big epic ending to the side quest so if the main story sucks play all the side quest it makes up for it stop whining if u have not even completed 50% of the game the main story is only 25-30 % of the game most side quest can dive u in for an easy 30 mins or more

zarathal
28.11.2010, 03:11
my game most have a glitch because timmy is only sitting there after i fail the quest after while. he's not permanent. only after the mission is failed he never leave's epic fail!! i waited to see if i see him coming out of a house so i can go there at night before quest ends but it seems he does not live anywhere he just magically appears. damn u tricky timmy i will get my revenge on round two..

Same for me. Timothy just doesn't show up where he's meant to while you're searching for him.

Also bugged for me is the Restless Spirit quest.
Give the amulet to the spirit and nothing happens. The guy is meant to talk to you but he doesn't, and I assume the spirit disappears...

And Missing Partner in the Swallows was bugged for a bit.
Couldn't get the "items" from the "container" after talking to my seer stalker.
However, I reloaded, did a little more of the main quest and went back. It worked correctly, though I'd tried just reloading and going back several times.

Toccatta
28.11.2010, 03:53
I believe the seer stalker tells you that you need a small knife to get the items from the container. I've tried equipping a one-handed sword and had luck collecting them. That may just be coincidence, though.

zarathal
28.11.2010, 04:44
I believe the seer stalker tells you that you need a small knife to get the items from the container. I've tried equipping a one-handed sword and had luck collecting them. That may just be coincidence, though.
Every time I tried, I had dual swords equipped, including the time that it worked.
I tried both with them readied and with them sheathed, also tried in sneak mode a few times, thinking you had to use the dagger.
In the end, I believe I had my swords sheathed, and just used SPACE to open.

Back OT though, if I ever see Timmy again, I'm gonna smack him in the gob so hard that he tastes what he had for breakfast yesterday.
Not that I liked David, I just wanted the filthy lucre.

Edit: Forgot to mention that every time the Missing Partner quest failed to work correctly, the quest disappeared from my log after talking to my stalker. This is also a symptom with the Restless Spirit quest. That still just disappears.

swordsman5
28.11.2010, 04:51
Yep, there are quite a few NPCs that need to DIE!!!! That B'stard that rips you off in Bayan for instance. You should be able to smash in the door to his house and get your money back....with interest.

PsHayes
05.12.2010, 05:08
I'm looking for Timothy as well. I gave him the book now need to find him for David. The timer is running and I can't find him anywhere. I checked the benches in the marketplace by the mage vendor.

Any ideas?
Edit:
Nevermind.. I found him. I had to reload an older save and look again in the marketplace and he was there. Not sure why he wasn't the first time.

Risty
11.12.2010, 14:09
I couldn't find a Timmy willing to end the quest for me anywhere either
I tried using console commands but I feel like it caused more problems than img528.imageshack.us/img528/1370/twoworlds22010121112011.jpg

I also tried reloading a bunch of old saves but nothing worked
I don't wanna fail the quest; I don't like missing out on stuff

abcdefghij
13.12.2010, 10:52
Timmy is close to the marketplace, on the left side, sitting on the upper bench.
When you talk to him, you have to choose the second answer, otherwise he will disappear and you will fail this quest.

Rewmac
16.12.2010, 18:54
Alright this was it. Glithced for me too. I'm bringing back my copy for sure tomorrow and get the new edition of Divinity at least the devs supported the game and from what I've heard it's much better than this one. At least no real bugs that break quests.

propheet
16.12.2010, 20:36
Yeah they supported Div2 for almost 2 years now (it was first out in late winter 2009 in Germany...). Fun fact: Div2's first patch (it was released in far worse state than this TW2 release) came around 3-4 months after release (http://www.4players.de/4players.php/download_info/Downloads/Download/52608/Divinity_2_Ego_Draconis/Patch_101.html)...
Larian are a great company, and I love the DivDiv franchise, but they don't come even close to the dedication to patching process put out by RP. You've had a hotfix a mere 2 weeks after the release of the game, next patch is coming along before the end of the year (and it'll still be earlier than first patch came for Div2)...

Rewmac
16.12.2010, 21:35
I didn't have anything since I play the game on the 360. Even if a patch comes out like one came out for the first one I'd had to restart the game for those to take effect (like in the first one). This game is unbalanced. I came to a part where I cannot do any quests. Requires tapper 8 and so on. Plus I've been locked out from 8 quests and lot of XP for that reason my characters is too weak for chapter 2. What's deal then? The new edition of Div 2 said to good, I have a few friends who played the new version of the game and told me the differences. Those are the exact differences I'd need here. I lost interest in continuing to suffer my way trough this game, I'd buy Gothic 4 for Div 2 Dark Knight saga edition even if those are worse I might enjoy those better.

One more thing. Patches. Thanks to the modern technology developers can finally released unfinished game say "We'll patch it later" in some cases patches come quickly but even a patch isn't enough to correct mistakes. Games are mostly rushed, the last generation had more complete games than this. I loved Two Worlds 2, but now it feels like a complete trouble. Of course devs aren't the only ones that can be blamed here, maybe I'm not that good of a player or I missed some vital spots, but there are things the the developer thing should have finished. Great game love it. The combat lacks the real "power" behind it, but there are a lot of possibilities for each scenario, but not for me. I'm full sword based. Block, counter, block, counter and this is all to it. Sometimes a Block Breaker and then block, counter. It's a bit boring after 28 hours into the game, but yet again maybe I'm the problem. I gonna keep playing of course, because for some reason I don't want to hate this game, because for 25 hours it was paradise.

unnamedsos
13.02.2011, 19:20
I'm looking for Timothy as well. I gave him the book now need to find him for David. The timer is running and I can't find him anywhere. I checked the benches in the marketplace by the mage vendor.

Any ideas?
Edit:
Nevermind.. I found him. I had to reload an older save and look again in the marketplace and he was there. Not sure why he wasn't the first time.

yes there is a glitch wwhere he stays in univercity ; but he is invisible to u .... he sudenly then spawns in market <_< weard fellow...
and the book u get him only if u passed the part that u get access to swallows ; before that u aren't able to get it from library !!

malakii
29.03.2011, 10:27
I was having the same issuses. I saved it right before just incase it did not work. What I did was get the book which is in the library which when you go into it go up the stairs all the wall to the wall look at the bottom of the book case it is half way under it. Then I went to timothy gave him the book. Then talked to him again and went outside (Do not talk to David yet) go back in and Timothy should be gone. After that talk to David and goto the market place where you got the umbrella quest he should be sitting there in the north west corner on a bench.

Timothy
V
|--...I..I.....--|
|I.I...---.....--l
|I.I...[..].....II|
|--............--|
-....................----
<- to the inn.......to lenderson summer home ->
-....-...............----
|....|...............|
|.o..l........l.......l
|....|.......|.......l
.............\./......
..............v...to the university

hope this helps

blacklegon
31.03.2011, 09:31
I just finish the quest.Timothy was in the market like you all said.

Joe King
06.04.2011, 00:19
another reason why i need this game to be patched !!!!

Joe King
07.04.2011, 23:17
i have found that if you go into the library (before you talk to david), and listen to the burser (i think thats his name) whinge about a book going missing and it must have been david. then after that go and talk to david. tricky timmy will show up at the northern end of the town where you get the brolly quest.

breezyeigh
03.12.2012, 14:29
I know I'm almost 2 years late.. but this bug still persists I've been to about 20 sites complaining about this bug, and there are like 5 solutions and I've tried em all except for loading a save before the quest(Pre-quest saves are 5+ hours away) I will not do 5 more hours of content. I've loaded different saves(all after I started the quest) I've tried teleporting back and forth from different places and checking for timmy spawns, I've checked several different benches around the town still no luck. I'm completely at a loss as what to do. Any help?